Tuesday 22 February 2011

One Ceausescu moment coming right up

Quoted from this Al-Jazeera article.
"I am a fighter, a revolutionary from tents ... I will die as a martyr at the end," he said.

"Muammar Gaddafi is the leader of the revolution, I am not a president to step down ... This is my country. Muammar is not a president to leave his post."

"I have not yet ordered the use of force, not yet ordered one bullet to be fired ... when I do, everything will burn."
Statement 1 and 2 I would say are true. Statement 3 is a lie because there have already been incidents where Libya's armed forces have fired on civilians.

My money is on it all ending like this;


Of course this is pure conjecture, but I'll back my conjecture, which is based upon observation and historical precedent, against any other prophesies.

2 comments:

Angry Exile said...

I wouldn't want to put money down. I'm honestly not sure whether Ceausescu is the pattern he'll follow or Amin.

Bill Sticker said...

I think he'll try to stay put. Hiding out in a tent as he usually does. The angry mob will catch up with him; and the rest, as they say, will be history.

He's a hider, not a runner.

Related Posts with Thumbnails