Monday 15 March 2010

I appear to have upset someone

Bimbling around linked sites today, I dropped in at 'An Englishman's Castle' to see what Tim was up to. He had an article about a complaint from someone in Alton, Hampshire UK about 'Youths on the village green'. He'd made ironic (What I thought was ironic) comment about newcomers complaining about whatever in a village. In storms one commenter with a long post about the complainant being a pillar of the community etc to which I mildly pointed out that Tims comment had to be a gag. Don't take my word for it, go here to read. You probably have to have had a rural upbringing to appreciate the humour, but to get all defensive like that; well, I'll leave it to anyone who can be bothered to read it to decide.

Another commenter, similarly in humour failure mode, took issue with me and virtually accused me of being a Nulabour apparatchik. Yes, you John Malpas, if that is indeed your name and not some nom de keyboard. I have replied to your malevolence in humorous vein, indicating my dismay and displeasure at being associated with that bunch of Fabian fuckwits. Let it be known; I have never, ever had any tacit or overt connection, nor have I ever sympathised with, or had anything to do with, the parliamentary Labour party in any of it's guises. They are in my eyes, traitors all against the Crown and people of Britain. They (Brown, Blair, Straw, Harman, Balls, Milliband et al) top the poll in my 'Heads I would like to see on spikes on London Bridge'. See sidebar. I have already cast my ballot.

2 comments:

antikva said...

You? upset someone :D They must have a limited personality then...

I finally added myself as one of your followers [ I know, I'm so slack!] as opposed to just being a reader LOL so pass the koolaid over :D

The Englishman said...

It was meant to be twisted irony, your defence was really appreciated as I wondered if I had gone too far.
Cheers.

Related Posts with Thumbnails