Monday 22 March 2010

Anger management

"Bill, you're doing it again!" Said Mrs S rather sharply.
"What?" I rejoindered.
"You're angry. Your eyes are angry and you're grinding your teeth."
"Am I? Oh." I replied, much mollified.
"Step away from the keyboard hon, or do some proper writing. Short stories. Do some funny stuff for sale. Talk to that Agent about the test screenplay you sent him. And stay off that Daily Telegraph site, I'm sure they only write things in a way designed to wind people up." She knows how to pound the lesson home does my wife.

Thus, bowing to the greater intelligence and counsel of my much better half, that is precisely what I'm doing. The world can go to hell in a handbasket without my input for a few days. I'm sure no-one really cares what I think anyway.

Real life demands my more immediate attention.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails