Tuesday 25 August 2009

Mojo working is

For months I've been looking at my writing output with a modicum of despair. Poorly constructed arguments, rubbish sentence structure (No I don't usually write like this), disjointed paragraphs, poor vocabulary and ugly metaphors. Today for some reason my mojo is most definitely working overtime to make up for the shortfall. My second manuscript is virtually writing itself and finally the characters have taken on real personalities that you can actually relate to. They bitch, they are fallible, by turns unstable and steadfast, the heroes are flawed but credible, and the villains plausible yet deeply unpleasant. Five thousand words of good, solid copy and dialogue so far today and I'm still going strong.

I'm actually rather enjoying myself.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails