Friday 17 July 2009

Not a good night

Quite warm and sticky at the moment locally.

Mild case of indigestion gave rise to a number of bad dreams last night. Dream one saw me back in England and trying to catch a train on a dark misty December morning, one of those winter days when the air is so full of moisture all the cobwebs are hung with droplets. I tried to go down a normally rose arboured passageway, only to find all the roses are dead and choked with cobwebs. As I tried to pass through, I kept getting caught up in thorns which snagged at my hair and clothes. Dream two was a bit more disturbing. It was a bright moonlit night and I couldn’t sleep for the full moon in my eyes. There was the repeated noise of a light aircraft passing overhead. I pulled a blanket over my head in an attempt to blot out the silvery brightness then heard a far off screaming which went “NO, no , no!” Followed by a high pitched drawn out dopplering (Male) scream terminating in a very solid sounding thump, like something heavy hitting the lawn outside our house. Very real, but end of dream. There was no body or large indentation in the yard this morning, so yes, it must have been a dream.

Have noticed a distinct reduction in my appetite recently, what with all the diverse alarums and tribulations that have come to visit over the last few months. Work has been difficult as the local economy has shrunk enough to cut the money supply to our sector. I always try to put a positive spin on times like these in that the nasty stuff has to have a bright side, and let's face it, the law of averages says my luck has got to improve if I keep on plugging away and don't get stuck in a rut. What the hey, it's Friday.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails