Wednesday 5 January 2011

Ennui

The New year at the moment of writing feels rather anticlimactic after all the excitement and nail biting suspense over flights on the run up to Christmas.

Now all I can be bothered to say about the light sentencing of a bunch of sorry losers who thought closing a power station would be fun, is 'off with their electricity'. A far more apt punishment than the community orders and suspended sentences handed down. As for the Judge, well, I can't say I'm overly surprised given the eco-idiots currently posing as the UK Government. He would have had his 'guidance' from on high, and that would have been it. As regards said current comedy turns performance, they'll be out on their ears when their lords and masters give the nod.

Can't even get annoyed over the VAT rise to 20%. Even if that was one of the Gorgons final japes on the UK electorate. Or the head of a Quango who wanted to flush a million taxpayer pounds down the fiscal toilet to spite the coalition. There's no fire, no verve, no anger any more. I'm almost overwhelmed by my own complete indifference. If I could be bothered. I'd even go so far as to say I'm completely consumed by my own apathy.

Glad I'm out of it, and our kids can bow out any time they like. Good.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails