Sunday 4 October 2009

The burning dawn

This morning the eastern horizon is an inferno. A band of brilliant orange preceding the rising sun, fading gradually to blue with the single bright pinprick of Venus some thirty to forty degrees above the horizon, nailing the scene in time and space. Slightly to the north and low down on the horizon are a double brushstroke of high cloud. When the disk of the sun peeks over the vista, my kitchen will be flooded in it's brilliance.

It's not a massive forest fire, nuclear war or other man made disaster. Just nature. The usual pre dawn show. Nothing to see here (Unless like me, you like sunrises and sunsets), move along now. Nature puts on a spectacular for anyone who cares to look. God it's impressive. I would post a picture, but my camera just can't do it justice.

You know, my Dad always said that mornings were the best part of the day. When it comes to our part of Vancouver Island, I am inclined to agree. Good 'ere, innit?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails