Saturday 1 August 2009

Wow

Two years. That's how long I've been living and working over here. Two years to the day I stepped off the plane, took one look at the British Columbian end of Canada and went whoa!

I won't say it's all been wine and roses because of what has been going on in the outside world. The recession has hurt everyone financially, including us. Various tussles with the immigration rules have destruction tested the relationship between Mrs S and I. Regular work has been difficult to come by, yet for all that we're determined to carry on. Two book length science fiction manuscripts have been completed and are currently with agents in California awaiting judgement upon their literary merit, or lack thereof. As far as I'm concerned we're committed; or if you aren't feeling very charitable towards émigré English folk, should be.

Nevertheless, this evening we're going for a fish and chip supper with friends tonight followed by a few drinkies, and if I'm sober at the end of things then that will come as a considerable surprise.

One pleasant discovery yesterday was a copy of the complete series of "Time Tunnel" on DVD at the local video store. This is both a nostalgia favourite for both Mrs S and myself. If my vision isn't too blurred after ten tonight, I might collapse in an armchair and watch an episode or two.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails