Sunday 19 December 2010

Well, stap me vitals!

I've long been an admirer of the work of Piers Corbyn, ever since I heard he was taking serious money off bookmakers by betting on the weather. Piers has his own professional weather forecasting service at which I'm told he makes a modest but steady living. He does this by being consistently 80% accurate, which is quite impressive when you look at the opposition. If you're making future arrangements for an outdoor event, there are few better resources as to whether you need to book alternate venues in case of inclement weather.

Now Boris Johnson, that cuddly mop head Mayor of London has had the scales nudged (But only slightly) from his eyes. Boris has openly (if guardedly) questioned the dogma of Man made climate change / global warming / climate disruption in this article.

Well stap me vitals, say I. A major politician saying "Err. You know chaps, I'm not so sure...."

Will Boris be the first to openly break ranks? Possibly. His reality of having to run a major city during its fourth cold Winter in a row may be the big wake up call against the political dogma that is Catastrophic Anthropogenic Global Warming. He's one of the first, he certainly won't be the last. That place is jointly reserved for Chris Huhne and David Cameron.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails