Tuesday 2 February 2010

It's Groundhog day!



Six more weeks of Winter, at least according to weather prognosticators with a better track record than the Met Office and their dodgy computer models.

Not so bad over here on the western side of BC, although the 2010 Olympics organisers are having to truck in snow. It's rather grey and claggy on our part of the island, and I'm keen to see some sunshine soonest. The view is fine, but the brightness and contrast need turning up a bit, and maybe some blue airbrushed in. At the moment our local climatic photoshop palette is set to greyscale, which I'm looking forward to seeing the back of. Apparently this is what it's supposed to be like around here during Winter, not half a metre of snow like last year.

Hey ho. Logs to cut, work to do. Spring and my permanent residency card will be along in their own sweet time.

2 comments:

The Filthy Engineer said...

It's a while since I've been to BC but I remember it well. I did multiple trips by sea from the UK carrying main Battle Tanks to vancouver. These then went to the training grounds in Alberta. I found Vancouver a fantastic city with it's diversity, and a vibrancy which is missing in the UK.
One day soon I shall have to come back and see more of BC.

Bill Sticker said...

Comment spam deleted. Consider onlineuniversalwork.com and their services blacklisted on this blog. Boys, fuck off with your cheap scams and don't come back.

Related Posts with Thumbnails