Wednesday 3 February 2010

I'll miss Haloscan

To all those visitors who come here from 'Walking the Streets'. Your Haloscan comments will cease to be on 24th February 2010 and I would like to say this;

Alas poor Haloscan, I knew it well,
Where fellows of infinite jest,
And most excellent fancy laid their views.
And those bores who laid me snoring on my back a thousand times,
Now how abhorr'd in my imagination it is!
My gorge rises at it.


Paraphrased from 'Hamlet' by William Shakespeare

To get Biblical;
"The voice said, Cry. And he said, What shall I cry? All words are glass, and all the goodliness thereof is but echoes and ghosts"

A Bowdlerised Isaiah 40:6

The Moving comment writes; and, having writ,
Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit
Shall lure them back to cancel half a Line,
Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.


A likewise manipulated verse 51 from the Rubáiyát of Omar Khayyám (Fitzgeralds Translation)

Fear not; for I have the e-mail copies immortalised until the sad day that Google purges my email archive. I'd like to export the bloody things but my Haloscan login doesn't work any more.

Such is life.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails