Saturday 26 September 2009

Oh Gawd. Not another f**king beautiful day!

'Fraid so. We appear to be having some very pleasant weather of late, which rather makes up for the cooler than usual August. The BC skies have been wonderfully blue, which has made curmudgeonly old me quite uncharacteristically mellow. It's tough being a sarky old sod when you come over all Fotherington-Thomas because the sun's been shining a lot. Hi-ho, life's a bitch etcetera, etcetera.

Likewise, Mrs S has cheered up a lot, which has made my life a lot easier. I've finally convinced her to look on the brighter side of things and as she says herself, she's having some fun for once. Now if only I could do that for myself.

We're still looking for a larger place, as everywhere we've viewed so far except one has had issues; traffic noise, strange interior decoration, odd smells, no real view, or other location based phenomena.

Today sent us zipping north to another town to see what it would be like to live there and although the place we looked at wasn't too bad, the location was tucked in a dip where there was no view apart from other houses. Geography militated against the property. However, it gave me some clues as to where the better part of town was. I shall confine my searches a little more closely in future.

Now that the sci-fi is mostly out of the way, I'll be moving my attention to the 'Stepdad' MSS, and maybe cheer this ruddy blog up. Take the piss more often. Employ a bit more bathos and hyperbole. Do some fun stuff.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails