Monday 28 September 2009

Dave's not there

The link to 'Coppers blog' remains read only, and I'm not one of on the approved reading list. I've popped an e-mail to Dave at his old UKCopper e-mail address without reply, but the word is that Dave is having a blogging sabbatical and a rethink about blogging per se. It's a shame that he's decided to put everything beyond public reach.

Dave was one of the inspirations for the original Bill Sticker 'Walking the Streets' blog, which still draws three times the visitors than this particular collection of half assed rants and raves gets. Then again, this blog doesn't have a handy dandy section on how to deal with parking tickets or hating Christmas, so that's only to be expected. The other inspiration was Cass Brown, the now-deceased chronicler of 'Cancergiggles'.

Since January 2005 I've been pouring my particular brand of (very) occasionally humorous bile out into the blogosphere. To what end I'm still not sure, apart from it being a brain dump of all the toxic humours that build up in my life. I suppose it's needing a moderately anonymous place to vent all my contentious non-PC thoughts, that's all. Reading other blogs that loosely fit in with my own world view reminds me that I'm not alone, that there are others who feel that the lunatics have the asylum keys and are letting all the homicidal psychopaths out of the secure wing in the name of 'fairness'.

So Dave; if you ever visit this pile of disjointed mumblings from your new home in Edmonton, Alberta; do me a favour and add me to the invited list for 'Coppers blog'. You've got my e-mail address. I don't think I'm the only one either.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails