Thursday 22 July 2010

A small request

To the few interested souls who pass this way, I would like to draw your attention to this small cri-de-couer from the Pacific.
Feel free to make a comment but go easy on the sympathy shit. I don't really need it. I have no regrets. I only ask for one very small favor. As long as you are alive, please celebrate my birthday (November 13th) by having a party and raising a toast to me. That's not too much to ask, is it? Call it Wil's Day. Maybe the idea will catch on globally and it could mushroom into a big event at some point in the future. The theme will be "Screw the multi-nationals and the governments they run. Spit in the bastard's eye."
Wil is a thoroughly decent fellow and if he doesn't make it through the next twelvemonth, I will be honouring his wish. What the hell, even if he's still alive and sinning I will celebrate and raise a glass remembering good people like Cass Brown, and several other bloggers who are no longer with us.

The loss of such voices diminishes us all, but new voices will rise to take their place. Go visit Wil. While he's still around to appreciate it. Why? Why ever not? The brevity of our span on this Earth should be reason enough.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails