Tuesday 22 December 2009

Nobel thoughts

Minor case of the pre-festive lurgi which has robbed me of sleep and caused excessive tiredness. Tell you the truth, I'm a little bored which is a bit of an oddity for me. Mrs S has exhorted me to go and get some new kit for myself, but I don't want to spend the money on myself at present. There will be sales in January with deeper discounts which I intend to take full advantage of. That, and I don't want to be bothered with braving the scrum of Christmas shoppers right now.

Come tomorrow or the day after I shall be as full of beans as ever. Supper will have to be a take-out tonight as our Landlady forgot to re-order propane, which means I can't use our apartments gas stove. Bit of a nuisance, but not a big deal.

Paused at Wattsupwiththat at this post to make the following comment;
It was never the actual science, the problem has always been in the way the science has been reported to the public. A balance which Anthony and friends should be lauded for their efforts in redressing.

Anyone else think the WUWT team and Steve McIntyre should be put forward for a joint Nobel prize?

Then I popped over to the Nobel.org website to see what could be done in that regard.....oh.

Unless you belong to a pretty elite club, you have no chance of being proposed, no matter how deserving. Seeing as the qualifying people are mainly part of the group pushing the opposing agenda......Sorry guys.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails