Wednesday 20 May 2009

Sleepless nights

Don't know what's wrong with me recently. I've been having trouble sleeping. The past three nights I've found myself awake at three in the morning staring at the ceiling.

Maybe it's just dealing with all the immigration bumf that's doing it. Every day seems to bring a form that requires editing / filling in, and every area of my life feels uncomfortably under some kind of microscope. Then there's Mother in law and the constant case conferences via skype between Mrs S and her two sisters. All I know is that I feel hemmed in, unable to make a move without causing major domestic upset.

The best analogy I can think of is that it's like trying to sleep on one of those very itchy polyester covered couches. The one's with that awful faux-wool polyester coarse weave and seat cushions that go from too hard to no support seemingly overnight.

While unpleasantly awake have been watching the shenanigans from the UK Parliament and the Speakers resignation. The UK is well overdue for a general election in my opinion. That and a thorough de-Quangoing. Far too many people in Government doing jobs which don't really need doing. Too many chiefs and not enough Indians.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails