Wednesday 22 April 2009

Atlas is busy shrugging

About half way through Ayn Rand's 'Atlas Shrugged'. It's a tremedously frustrating experience because I keep wanting to scream at certain characters "Grow up you dumbass!" Normally speaking I can read for three to four hours at a stretch without coming up for air, but although I'm enjoying the prose, I have to stop reading every half hour. My anger reaction at the stupidity of certain characters is that strong.

From the UK I see news that the latest budget is all about the economic seppuku of the current administration. Oh dearie me. Denis Healey tried 'soaking the rich' back in the mid to late 1970's. Didn't work then. Won't work now. Why don't people learn from the mistakes of the past? Are they brain dead or something?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails